Green can be worn with many colors, no matter if your pants are rich in emerald or cool sage shades. Below are some palettes that highlight the natural colors of green.
- Blue and yellow: Because green is a mixture of blue and yellow it can be paired well with any color of yellow or blue. If you prefer cooler shades of green, use pastel yellows or blues. You can also experiment with brighter blues and yellows to create warm undertoned shades of green.
- Complementary colors: Colors that can be used as accent colors. Combining complementary colors creates striking combinations that enhance the hues of each color. When styling a green outfit, red, orange, or purple can be used as complementary colors.
- Neutral colors: Green can also be used with neutral colors such as white, beige and gray. A popular shade of green that compliments neutral colors is olive green.
How to Style Green Pants: 6 Outfit Ideas for Green Pants
These styling tips will take your outfit ideas to the next step.
- For a casual business look, add a blazer. For a casual office look, style olive green pants with a button-down shirt and a blazer. A classic navy blue or black jacket is a good choice for this smart casual outfit. You can wear your olive green jeans with heels or brown leather loafers.
- Monochromatic looks are possible. You can wear an all-green outfit with different shades of green. Monochromatic outfits can be a great way to make a fashion statement. This look requires you to balance light and dark shades. You can style, for example, emerald-green trousers with a light-colored tank top or mint green pants with dark green pants.
- Wear it with a neutral shirt. An easy way to style green pants is with a neutral-colored shirt. This could be a white, gray, or beige long-sleeve blouse. To balance slim pants like green skinny jeans, wear an oversized sweater or loose-fitting white T-shirt. Wear a fitted blouse with the sleeves tucked in to the pants if your green pants have loose or floppy legs, like wide-leg.
- Mix and match colors and patterns. For a bright pop of color, pair your green pants with complementary colors. To make a bold statement, match a violet blouse and dark green pants with an orange tee. You can incorporate patterns by pairing a striped or plaid shirt with green trousers.
- Green joggers look great paired with a cardigan. A pair of green joggers paired with a sweater or long cardigan will make a casual look. This loungewear combination can be paired with a variety of colors. You can either style a light pink sweater to contrast or a classic white or grey cardigan.
- Add a leather or denim jacket to your look. If you are wearing green pants, layer your look with a denim or leather jacket. Blue denim looks great with green pants, as blue is a primary colour. Black, which is also a neutral, can be worn over green pants to create an outerwear option. A classic black leather jacket is another option. This look can be elevated by adding a pair of Chelsea boots or dress shoes.